Wednesday, January 21, 2015

To-Visit List.


How many of you readers love travelling? I know, I do :D Travelling is a great way to move away from the regular humdrum and craziness of your life and unwind where you don’t have to worry about anything. 2014 was a great year for me travel-wise. I was invited with a few other blogger friends from Kolkata and Bangalore to go and visit the Four Seasons vineyards and the winery at Baramati, Maharashtra. Sitting on the balcony of my expansive room, soaking in the winter sun, staring into the vast vineyards, sipping delicious wine – life couldn’t be any better. I had the best holiday of my life there. I also travelled to Mumbai last year to attend an event and meet some other blogger buddies who I hadn’t met before. Blogging literally changes your world.

The two trips I mentioned were organized and managed by others and so I did not have to bother about the travel details, stay and all the budget. However, having to settle the budget, plan the trip and the travel, the hotel bookings, places to visit can be quite exhausting and tiring. What if I tell you that you didn’t have to worry at all about the kinds and number of hotels available in any area? Sounds amazing, right? Homestays.in is the one step solution to your booking worries. All you have to do is visit the website, search for the place you intend to visit, see the listings of the hotels there and plan your stay there according to your decided budget. It doesn’t get any easier than this. What I love about the website is the clean and hassle-free layout with simple listings with the number of rooms available and their charges provided in easy formats.

Travelling is something I enjoy immensely. The light headed feeling when your plane lifts off from the ground, the joy of wandering around aimlessly, looking and absorbing the scenery that encompasses you, nothing explains the surreal experience. My favourite places to go are mountains and forests. Having lived by the coastal regions my entire life, I gravitate more towards the towering mountains and lush forests than towards beaches and the sea. I have a long list of places that I’ve prepared over the years that I plan to visit as soon as I am done with my current course. I’ll have plenty of time in hand of which a huge chunk I plan to dedicate entirely to travelling across the length and breadth of the country. The list of the places I want to visit in the near future are-

1) Munnar – I spent my entire childhood, eight years to be exact, in Kochi. Unfortunately, we never got around to visiting this quaint little hill station tucked safely in the lap of the Nilgiris. Munnar is an extremely beautiful place with wide expanses of tea gardens all around. The temperature there is always pleasant which makes it a perfect destination to visit throughout the year. Check out the options from the elaborate Keralite style resorts to modern high-rises in Munnar at homestays.in.


2) Mumbai- I did mention visiting Mumbai last year but my stay was merely for a day and this city deserves more than a single visit. I plan to visit my new friends there and experience the many things I missed in my last trips- take a walk down the famous Juhu Beach, munch on the chaat and vada pav that the city is synonymous with, treat myself to some seafood delicacies, and street shop from Colaba Causeway and Hill Road.


3) Delhi- A trip to the capital city toh banta hai, right? Two of my favourite people on earth stay in Delhi and it has been on my to-visit list for a very long time. Delhi and its surrounding areas are a dream for any history lover. I’ll be visiting the city soon and I plan to put a tick on my checklist across The Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, The Qutb Minar, Lodi Gardens, and the Lotus Temple amongst many others. Sarojini Nagar and Lajpat Nagar are the Mecca for flea market lovers and I have a list of places and stores here that I know I need to visit.


4) Dharamsala- Dharamsala has the largest Tibetan monastery in the world outside Tibet. It has for very long been the safe haven and refuge for His Holiness, The Dalai Lama and his followers. I had quite some time ago found this very beautifully written article about this beautiful city tucked in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh and I’ve been dying to visit this place ever since. The scenic beauty of the unending Himalayan range coupled with the delectable food available at McLeodGanj makes this a must visit for all travel lovers in India.

So, what are the places you have bookmarked to visit in the near future? Do you share any from my list? Let me know in the comments below.


Till Next,

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chikmagalur and Sakleshpur are the best emerging tourism destination in Karnataka within western ghats. There are best homestays and can be searched on HolidayMonk.com and best homestay is Mekanagadde Homestay in Chikmagalur. Homestay in Chikmagalur

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by and please do leave your valuable comments,they mean a lot to us. Please make sure you leave your blog link or your mail id so that we can get back to you.