Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Beautiful Home

The idea of having my own home sweet home is very exciting to me. I have always wanted to have a place of my own which I can set up and plan the way I want. Everybody has at least once dreamt of having a place which they can call their own sweet little haven. I have elaborate plans all etched inside my mind how I want my home to be.

Owning a 3BHK place would be ideal for all the requirements but that is something I can't exactly have (read afford) right now. The next option is owning my own studio apartment (not that I afford this one either but then it is far more practically possible option than a 3BHK), not too big but cozy and warm, exactly how I love my home. I guess a  700 X 800 area would be fine for my requirements.


The House Plan-


I want my house pretty simple. One big living-dining-sleeping area with my TV, Sofa-bed on one side, a small work space at a corner, a huge full wall book shelf and reading nook on one side and a dining space close to the kitchen. An open kitchen and a bathroom with a closet-store room behind it and a small patio/balcony in front of the living space. A rough plan of the same would look like this-





Living Room + Dining + Sleeping -

Since the most important factor in setting up a Studio apartment is space management and proper utilization of the available space, I would be turning my living room into a multipurpose living cum dining cum sleeping space. 

a) Wall Cabinet-

 Like Joey said,



we need a wall mounting which will be the multipurpose cabinet and well as a good setting to place my TV so that i can point the rest of my furniture facing it.

Something like this which covers the entire wall would be perfect-




So, now that I have my TV and knick knacks arranged in place I need to get my seating arrangements set up.

b) The sofa cum Bed

The world owes a big one to the guy who invented this genius. Use it as a sofa at daytime and at night just slide out the lower half for a super comfy bed. 

This one in particular is an absolute genius. Who doesn't love a cute and cozy bunker bed :D Having a friend staying over for the night? No Problemo!! 



Have more than one friend staying over? I have a solution to that as well. The 5-in-1 inflatable air lounge is the dream product. Keep it inside your cabinet when not in use to save space and inflate it into a full sized double bed when required.




c) The trunk table-

Trunk tables are a great option to store things as well as use your storing spaces as tables. I loved this one in particular. The fact that it has wheels makes it all the more useful in a studio apartment, it can be easily moved around to create space when required. Use it as the coffee table placed in front of your sofa cum bed.





d)  The wall book shelf and reading corner-

Now that we have our seating and entertainment in place, I need a cozy niche for myself where I can curl up and do my thing when alone. Rainy days, hot cuppa coffee or cocoa and my favorite book in hand, I  can happily curl myself under a blanket and sail away to dreamland. 

I have always dreamt of having my own library when I have a house of my own where I can store all the zillion books I own and will buy later. Since we have a shortage of space here we need to make sure we utilize every teeny bit of space available and these wall mounted bookshelves cum reading corners are a dream for all book lovers.








e) Work Corner-

I need a little corner to place my study table and arm chair and my computer when I need to work and study. This looks pretty amazing-



f) Dining Space-

With all my living and bed room arrangements in place, lets move over to the dining area. I love convertible furniture which can be folded and tucked in or utilized in various ways. This fold able dining table and chair set is a perfect option which gets full marks on my chart. Keep it folded and set aside in a corner when not in use and open up and spread a table cloth and lo and behold you have your dining set ready to serve your guests food on! Brownie points for the wheels which add mobility.



g) Patio/Balcony-

I would love to have a small patio or balcony attached to the living area where I can keep my potted plants and have a little hammock all to myself when I want to laze around or just sunbathe during winter.

How amazing do these colorful railing pot planters look!!


This hammock makes me want to dive right away on to it :D


I'll also be hanging some pretty hangings and wind chimes which will go all ting-a-ling slowly swaying when the wind blows.



Kitchen-

Modular kitchens - get all your utensils, chimney, sink, dishwasher, cook top, refrigerator, cabinets, oven and everything systematically arranged in place. Custom made arrangements are available which will fit all the space and necessity requirements for every home. I am in particular looking for something like these- small and yet doesn't feel all cramped up-





Bathroom-

I like my bathroom simple and de-cluttered. This would be a great idea to make for a nice bath place in a tiny space-




Store room / Closet-

This will be a tiny room next to the bathroom to stash up all my needs, supplies, cleaning equipment, junk and laundry stuff which I don't want lying around and visible for all eyes. A combination of the following two pictures would be perfect-






Color Scheme-

House plan - check
Furniture- check

Asian Paints home solutions is the answer to all your home coloring and decor doubts and queries. To get the perfect aesthetic appeal of a home, the walls and furniture need to be colored and co-ordinated properly. I am in particular looking for a warm and welcoming feel to the entire apartment. The Asian Paints website has videos and inspirational walls to help you have an idea of how the colors can be matched and how they look in real spaces and rooms. Also they have a "Ask Aparna" live chat option which attends directly to all your home related queries, be it indoor painting or outdoor. The eazycolour consultancy @ home has all your home coloring requirements delivered directly at your doorstep. The Home solution option is great for people who haven't got a clue about the requirements of their room, leave it to the experts and they make sure you are left stunned and absolutely in love with the final results.

After a long session of browsing I finally set on the colors I want on my walls. These people have such amazing color and effects selection option that you are assured to find something you fall in love with. The articles on the effect of colors and their combinations tell me that having orange-gold-beige-brown themed walls give the illusion of bigger space and also adding a warm sunny glow to the room- exactly what I need.
Furniture will be all wooden and brown-beige colored.

a) Living space-

One wall behind the sofa-bed will be colored in gold. The color and effects I chose are Kora Grass Base Coat-Subtle tint 7899, Top Coat-1-Ski valley 7911, Top Coat-2-Peanut butter 8559. The effect used is Royal Play Texture which gives a textile like weaving effect. The finished result would look like this-




The other four walls I want to remain neutral white or creamish so that it doesn't get overwhelming-

Color details- Sonnet L146

Color details- Talc 0N22
b) Kitchen-

The kitchen I would like to blend in with the entire warm color palette. I chose to go for a Royal Play combing effect on one wall. the details are Combing: Base Coat-Mango shake 7960, Top Coat-Greenery 7806. Once finished, it will look somewhat like this-


Other three walls will be the same as that of the majority of the living space. The store room and balcony will be beige as well. The bathroom I would want to do in white with Teflon coating for waterproofing and longevity.

Lighting and et cetera-

After the house is colored and all furniture set into place, a house won't feel like a home unless it has the proper lighting and smells homely.

Scented candles, reed diffusers, Oil burners and potpourri to make my entire house feel like a home-




The Asain paints website comes in extremely helpful at this stage for all bubbly decor enthusiasts like me who would want to choose everything for themselves. The website says that yellow lighting  gives a warm glow to the space and white lights give a fresh and airy feel. I will get both kinds of lights set up so that I can use them together to give a open airy and yet cozy feeling feeling or use them alternately as required.



Phew!! That took quite a lot of brainstorming. how do you want your ideal home to be like? Tell me in the comments.

Till Next,

P.S.- All the images have been taken from google, none are mine.
This entry is a part of a blogging contest organised by women's web in association with Ripple Links and Asian Paints.

36 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing! Some of the corners I'd never want to leave! I'd love to have a sleepover at your dream place some day! Amen. :D Awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How i would love to have a sleepover :D *sigh* long time had one.

      Delete
  2. Your house will be one amazing place :D
    And Joey is classic! All the best for the contest :)

    http://crispingcanary.blogspot.in/2014/01/experience-magic-in-your-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your house already! ^_^

    P.S.: Don't forget to enter the fabulous Dressale Giveaway on at my blog! http://stripesandpolkas.blogspot.in/2014/01/dressale-giveaway-win-dresses-worth-200.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... presentation of your blog is really nice.home decoration is awesome.
    If you are looking for affordable and comfortable bed in your living room and bedroom don't worry springwel provides folding bed which are more comfortable, easy to use and it is home decor products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I checked out the website, they do have some great products.

      Delete
  5. Hello gorgeous¦

    lovely photos :)))))
    btw, I'm holding a giveaway where you can get a dress woth $200! It would mean a lot to me If you take a minute of your time and join:) click here

    Yours¦
    Patrycja
    holdmelikeapillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. Well researched and full of wonderful pictures. I just fell in love with those colourful planters ! :-D All the best for the contest. Have a look on my post and leave a comment if you can :-)
    http://maniparna5002.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/my-home-my-refuge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for dropping in, Maniparna :) Those planters took my heart away the moment I saw them :D Will check out you blog soon. :)

      Delete
  7. Sooo much in a studio home? Great. One thing I would add is an “air bed” on the floor for your guest/s. You are a great interior decorator. We are thinking of buying a new home. Care to be our interior decorator? Of course, for a fee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures make it look like it is a lot, which it in fact isn't...the furniture is pretty scant really :P And I did add the air bed, you missed it in the post I guess. And thanks for the compliment, I would love to :D

      Delete
  8. Gee, Swarnali, you might as well have written about my home. I have the trunk, the sofa cum bed, the book case, the workspace, the folding dining table, the balcony garden and the parallel kitchen. This post was such a delight. I guess space utilization does bring out the creativity in us :) Well done and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl ! This looks awesome. I know because we share almost the same dream about our dream house,I like the library,the closet ,the dining table and obviously the colours .Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Amazing research work done Swarnali. All girls have dreamt of a beautiful place to dwell in, at some point in time. Once you have dreamt, everything else then becomes about turning that dream into reality. In your case, that seems to be almost done too. Once the house is all done and you start living, you need a good fragrance. It could be incense sticks, reed diffusers or cones. Some sort of fragrance that welcomes you every time you enter your home sweet home. I recently bought reed diffusers from http://www.purefragrances.com/ because they had some really good offers on online purchase and I was just experimenting then. But now I'm a regular user because I love those fragrances. I have a small haven of my own and I make sure I have the right fragrance for my mood every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Swarnali. SO minutely written. All the best for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing house plan..
    Your home presentation such so lovely.This will be dream house for everyone.But if you want to become more pretest then you should be used branded bedsand folding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a mattress and am looking to replace the air sofa bed. My entire guest suggest me air sofa bed because my home size is small.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up and thanks for sharing information with me.
    Step up Height increaser , Aire bra , Fair look cream , Slim 24 pro , No addiction , Step up height increaser , Sandhi sudha , Air sofa cum bed , Fair look , No addiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative post thanks for share this with us i highly appreciate you for this information thanks once again for sharing information like this!
    Air Sofa Bed

    ReplyDelete
  16. sir please basically provide updated information about Sarkari Exam Result. Aspirants, who’re going to appear in any latest competitive Government exam to get jobs in Government sector,

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice information shared thank you and i am interested to visit again. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great.
    I actually like what you’ve acquired here.
    TN MRB Admit card
    RESULT

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice information shared thank you and i am interested to visit again. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great.
    I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it.
    Kerala TET Answer Key 2016
    TSPSC Group 2 Result

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really, this is a good article. I have read the above content that you describe it beautifully. A person in Architectural Field, whenever reading the content,clearly understandable to them. coursekart.com gate online mock test

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vanskeligheter( van bi ) vil passere. På samme måte som( van điện từ ) regnet utenfor( van an toàn ) vinduet, hvor nostalgisk( van bướm ) er det som til slutt vil fjerne himmelen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh!!! Thanks.... You provide nice info. Now i am going to set my home interior according your idea.

    ba exam result for all universities check yours

    ba 2nd year results

    ba 3rd year result

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for update this information with us
    keep it up...
    No Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for shared with us such kind of amazing and valuable post
    bhagavad gita quotes in hindi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for passing by and please do leave your valuable comments,they mean a lot to us. Please make sure you leave your blog link or your mail id so that we can get back to you.